Labels

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Lime


Li - what else could it be but lime?  (Well, lilac, I suppose...)

One of my favorite desserts is key lime pie.  I made some "key lime" cookies a few years ago, and was disappointed with the results, so I thought I'd try something different for this project: Guyanese Lime Cookies.  They had mostly rave reviews on allrecipes.com, and they sounded yummy.

Well, I baked these about a week and a half ago, and I'm just now getting around to writing about them (I've been busy, all right?).  I don't have any pictures, but these cookies (like my Heath Bits cookies) spread out fairly thin.  My wife thinks it might be because I've been using real butter instead of margarine in my recipes (hey, what's a few more calories?).

The taste was very different - you could definitely taste the lime, but the nutmeg and cinnamon came through even stronger.  My wife thought they had a bit too much cinnamon, but my in-laws and I thought they were very yummy, and they disappeared all too soon (the cookies, that is...not my in-laws).  (Just kidding...my in-laws are great!)

These were pretty good...I'll give them an 8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog